Sunday, June 7, 2009

along the road: Howdy's Dari Owl

from Ben:

It is no secret that I have a special place in my heart for tiny eateries, road side vegetable stands and ridiculous ice cream stands. Upon arriving in Steubenville this morning, my staff who fully know and understand my love, took me to a new favorite ice cream stand. 

Howdy's Dari Owl is unique for two reasons: 1. there is a giant owl who's eyes glow in the dark advertising this delectable diner (I mean, who dose not associate owls and ice cream) and 2. the ice cream stands nearly straddles the West Virginia/ Ohio border, settling in WV but over looking the Ohio Valley. It is quite the spectacle. 

After crossing over the boarder via one terrifying bridge. I settled on black berry ice cream in a waffle cone. I was very pleased.

                              530767489_081a45fc57.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment